Sivut

Monday, August 1, 2011

Death by Deadlift


These days, I usually finish up my strength training routine with a short MetCon. Today I tried out the workout called Death by Deadlift. Sounds pretty badass, doesn't it? That's exactly what it is.

The workout goes like this.

One minute rounds. One rep of deadlift for the first one. Rest extra time.

Two reps for the second round, three reps for the third round and so on.

You get the idea. Add one repetition for each round. Continue until you can't keep up with the required number of lifts anymore.

Guys should start with somewhere around 225 lbs (or 100 kg). Aim for at least 140 % of bodyweight. Girls? Excuse my ignorance, but I really don't know how much girls deadlift. Try it out and let me know!

I finished 11 rounds and five reps (total of 71 reps) with 145% of BW. First 10 rounds felt alright, but after that the dead end was inevitable. After round 11 I was so beat up I could barely lift the bar off the ground.

Fun? Hell no. But definitely worth it.

How many rounds did you manage? Post results to comments section.

1 comment:

  1. I will try this one today. I'm kind of newbie so let's see.. :)

    ReplyDelete